Friday, May 31, 2013

EX-FELON / WELFARE MOM BECOMES A MILLIONAIRE



Aloha!!

I was wondering if there are any good hearted Contractors/Construction Workers out there that would be willing to give me and my family a hand in building a house.

This is one of those situations in which I'm land rich but cash poor. I was blessed and given a land parcel a while back, and if it wasn't for some seed money, I wouldn't have been able to get this far, but now were getting short on available funds left to build a house and the project is coming to a halt.

Were not homeless, and desperate, I just wanted to know if there are any contractors whom are willing to volunteer or donate some of their time, equipment, materials, for a good cause.

A little about me . . . I've had my fair share dealings with life- a little of everything that you can think of has come my way. Ex- school teacher, now construction worker (project manager). I was even an Ex-Felon for welfare fraud (Theft 1). At the time I was a single mother with 4 small children including twins. Long story SHORT- but I appealed the case went to Hawaii Supreme Court, and my Felony conviction was overturned 5 years later. During that time, I went back to school to get my Master's Degree, worked as a researcher, took up hobbies, went traveling, partied, and celebrated a FELONY Conviction!! (Jokingly, read on to find out more)

I have a family, and if it wasn't for the blessing of this land parcel- I would be one sadly heartened and angry human being for all the events and betrayal that I've gone through. I represent the struggling single mothers with children, I represent any ex-felons who can't find a job now, I know what it's like, the pain, the hurt, losing your family, custody issues, family-criminal-civil-land courts (I've been involved in all the court systems many times). I know the pain, I know the hurt, I know the frustrations, I know the anger, and I know the hate.

So far, I had to pay for a stream study, soils report, surveys, and we begun constructing the retaining wall. However, Im making changes to the plan for the 3rd time. It's ridiculous. I keep having to change the plans, because I don't know what to build, trying to stay in a budget. Always asking what my budget is, and then when I pay to draft something up, it's out of budget. Also my investors have their own mind and everyone wants to build something other than what is planned, my investors are unreliable.



Another reasons is: Why should I have to pay, when there is so much funding for people who are homeless, my kids are of Hawaiian ancestry, and I didn't ask or wait around for Hawaiian Homestead Lands to be given to me? My parents and I worked hard and earned it. There's so much funding in grant money that's given away by our government, yet I don't personally get any of it. We've had some luck in timing with the market and finding buildable property. People even thought it was unbuildable and thought I was trying to pull some a scam on them, but I worked at it, and I worked hard, and it's now buildable!! Now I'm just soooo frustrated and that's why I finally came out with my story.

Here are some other reasons OF MY FRUSTRATIONS:

1- My workers think their construction workers wen their not, their lazy, and only want beer.

2- Funding is short- I wouldnt' qualify for a loan, and I don't want a loan, so that if I default, then the bank will take my property away. NO WAY!!

3- My parents/partners don't want to invest, they've given me enough. (Still not enough though). They think I don't know what I'm doing.

4- My job is to try manage this project. I believe in getting dirty, planting trees and plants. I do labour too. I find my own work, and stay busy.

5- There are many many contractors out there, then why can't I find a few who is willing to help a woman in construction/ engineering and who has Hawaiian

children? Can I find a few that are willing to donate their time and efforts for a good cause? All I need is time, labor, and materials?

6- How hard is it to build a retaining wall? It's been sitting for over 1.5 years now.

If I had lots of money, I could build anything, but I don't, so why can't I just find people, a church, or an organization, who want to donate their time, and materials. I poured all my money into this, and now I'm out!!

If you can understand where Im coming from- all I want is a house, so I can be independent, and live in a home, and cook and clean, and a home so that my young Hawaiian- Polynesian kids can grow up in. I want to send them to private schools. I want a piano so I can teach my kids how to play. Their growing up so fast. How hard can it be to build a house?



I've had drafts done before, and it took a year? Why does it take so long? Because of me, because I'm a woman and I don't know what I want? Or because people don't want to see me successful, and take my money and blow me off? Or because your too busy, and your time is more valuable than mine? "I got better things to do", Yeah right!! Come on- lets get together, and build a house!! Where's the military guys, don't you guys know about team work? Don't you guys volunteer in the community? Can you volunteer for me and my family? I'm a real person here, and I need help building a house!! Once I get a house built, I'll be in a way better position and not have to worry about our basic needs. That's Plain and Simple. Is it okay for me and my family to have my own house? How can I help others, if I can't help myself?

I'm not looking to get romantically involved, I'm looking for contractors/constructions workers who know how to build a house, and who is willing to donate their time for a good cause. The Good Causes are:

1- To help a Woman in Construction and Engineering

2- To help a Family and Keiki's

3- To help an Ex-FELON

4- To help me, I've been told I may have PTSD, and Depression for all the crap that I've gone through

5- It's a tax right off?

Can you kindly please help, please give your time, labor, and materials for a good cause?

I just wanted to know if there are truly sincere people out there, to get involved, and help a mother, a woman in building a house.

Also, me, as a project manager, I want to see if I can build a house built by volunteers and surround myself with good-hearted people. That would be a challenge, and a remarkable experience and a "brag story". Will you be a part of my dream, my reality?

We are looking for serious people who know what their doing. WE prefer working with liscenced contractors. We are looking for a liscenced plumber, electrician. We are looking for people in the construction business, project managers that know the in's and out's of how to manage and motivate a crew. We are looking for people who know masonry, framing, etc. Even if your not a contractor, you can donate service or funding to buy materials and pay for labor because not everything is going to be free.

We are in the Foundation Phase. We are looking to finish a retaining wall, we need people who know masonry. We need CMU bricks, rebars- structural fill (10 tandom truck loads), and we need an architect to redraw and stamp plans.

If you are interested in volunteering or donating, please contact Mr.Kim at 542-9393, my point of contact and supervisor. Your more than welcome to drive by, take a look, you'll see the project at the end of Kilinoe St.

I'm going to work with Olelo 56 so that I can document the construction of my house built by a single-mother, ex-FELON, and woman in construction-engineering! The struggles, the different phases and aspects in building a house. All the factors that were considered, the hardships, and the rewards. And it will be documented how I overcame the hardships from welfare mom to successful business entrepreneur!! I want you to be involved, and I want to be surrounded by good hearted people.

I am a real person, and a human being, and I look forward to meeting you. This is not a made up story! Everything I said is true! I thank and appreciate all our volunteers, and everyone who participated and helped out, and I know this is a great start to a whole new beginning!!

Aloha, and thank you for reading my story, and maybe now with your help, I can look towards a brighter tomorrow, and future for me and my children. And also, it will be truly a great and rewarding experience.

For all you Ex- FELONS- there is hope. For all those single mothers, it ain't that bad. For the military, I thank you for serving our country out in the battlefield. For those with PTSD, Depression, you can overcome it. Sometimes we don't know what the future has in store for us. We learn how to manage and cope, and move on.

I look forward to hearing from you. Ms. K

P.S. For all my volunteers and sponsors, I won't forget, and I will thank and appreciate each and every one of you. I will even give you thank you certificates, appreciations awards, and we will get together and have BBQ's, and hopefully well have a big Appreciation Dinner Banquet at the end of completion for everyone involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment